Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Happy Thanksgiving. I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. This year I made dinner all by my lonesome for my family. It really wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. The last time I cooked a turkey, I was on my mission and it was like a 30 pound turkey. The turkey came with it's neck still attached(gross) and it was so big that it wouldn't fit in our sink. My companion and I had to wash it in the shower.
So we had our little miniature family Thanksgiving. Jason and Michelle came over. We had our whole family together for 2 hours and nobody got in a fight and nobody cried....it doesn't even feel like a real holiday :) Later we went over to Molly's house for their Thanksgiving. Molly's table was beautiful!. She had place setting and all these candles. It was awesome! I love the Holidays! Here's a few pictures.

Notice the difference in Christy in these two pictures.



Count your blessings instead of your crosses;
Count your gains instead of your losses.
Count your joys instead of your woes;
Count your friends instead of your foes.
Count your smiles instead of your tears;
Count your courage instead of your fears.
Count your full years instead of your lean;
Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.
Count your health instead of your wealth;
Count on God instead of yourself.
I think sometimes in life we get so wrapped up in the things we want that we forget about all the things we already have.
50 things I'm thankful for in 2008.....

1. Family- as crazy and dysfunctional as they are, they're mine and I am fortunate to have them.
2. Good Friends- you know who you are.
3. My dogs- they are family but they deserve a number of their own
4. A secure job in a successful company during hard economic times.
5. God- even if I question a million other things, I believe in God and his love for me.
6. Rainy days
7. Listening to Josh Groban and letting it take me back to a little town called Klaipeda.
8. Finally buying my own place.
9. Gas under $2.00
10. Christmas music
11. Pedicures
12. My dad- he deserves his own number because he's my hero.
13. Chinese food from my favorite hole in the wall restaurant in Henderson.
15. Quiet times like when the power goes out and it forces you to slow down and think about life.
16. Reading and a love of books.
17. Naps
18. Gossip Girl Nights
19. Shoes
20. Freedom
21. People with open minds and open hearts
22. Music- all sorts
23. Movies- all sorts
24. Julie Andrews
25. Internet
26. My car
27. Struggles and trials that have helped me learn.
28. Percocet
29. My country
30. Laughter
31. Light fluffy snow that falls really lightly and slowly so that you feel like you're in a snow globe.
32. Dirty dishes- Thank God for dirty dishes, for they have a story to tell. While others go without, we're eating very well.
33. Lilac trees
34. Rainbows
35. Cute little chipmunks
36. Pretty sunsets
37. All my gay friends who have taught me so much about what it means to be a good person.
38. Aunt Kaye
39. My camera
40. Good health
41. Sitting by the fireplace during the winter.
42. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
43. Health insurance
44. puppy cuddles
45. ASPCA
46. The Twilight Series
47. Valour blankets
48. Flip Flops
49. Chap stick
50. Popcorn & M&M's
May your troubles be less,
your blessings be more,
and may nothing but happiness
come through your door.

No comments: