Sunday, June 7, 2009

New Patio

Back in spring I wanted to pull out the old bushes/trees in the planters on my patio but this is as far as I got.



It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. So I put it off until my Dad could help me. I honestly figured that I would just wait until next spring. But on Saturday Dad said that we were going to do it. So we ( when I say we, I mean he) pulled out the old dead roots (or ruts as my dad calls them) of whatever was there. Christy was pulling out roots and cleaning too. I was basically standing there watching. I don't like to get dirt on my hands. I tried to put a dead cactus in the trash can, with gloves on of course, but I still got stickers in my fingers(which still hurt by the way). So I was pretty much done after that.
We went to Plant World so I could pick out what I wanted to plant. Have you ever been to plant world? That place is like a zoo. First we saw all the birds, but they seemed pissed off, so we didn't get to close.




Then we were walking a long and there was a cat just hanging out.

Then we walked by this man made fountain/pond. It had a ton of fish in it. Fish just creep me out. But it also had a bunch of turtles. They were so cute!


Dad helped me pick out my plants, and we went home to start planting.

It all turned out great. Now I just need to find a comfortable chair to put on the patio so I can sit out there and read. Thanks mom & dad for all your help!

No comments: