Sunday, June 14, 2009

New and Improved Garage

My dad loves projects. He is not the sit at home and relax kind of guy. He's always doing something. He called me on Friday night and said he would be at my house and 10:00am on Saturday and he was going work on my garage...whatever that means. Turns out that he was actually going to work on the concrete in my garage. He did this at his new house and really liked it, so he did it in mine. I don't really know how to explain what it is, but he pasically painted the floor of my garage. But first I had to clean it out.

Here are the before shots:



"We" (dad) had to preasure spray the floor first.

The floor had to be dry before we went on to the next step so we took an ice cream break :)

The we had to put on this cleaner that bubbled like peroxide when we put it on the floor.


Then we painted the floor section by section and you have to put these sprinkles on the floor after you paint on the stuff.


This is dad putting the sprinkles on the floor.

After pics:



Spending the day with Mom and Dad was actually really funny.

Brooke: "Dad, what are the sprinkles for?"

Dad: "They just give texture. It covers the cracks and flaws."

Christy: "Maybe I should try them on my face."

Brooke: "I am going to see "Buddy Holly" at Spring Mountain Ranch on Thursday. Do you guys want to come?"

Christy: "Sure, that sounds fun."

Dad: "Isn't he dead?"

4 comments:

eclaires said...

This makes me want a garage.

Mindy said...

Oh man that looks great! Good job Dick!

Invation of the Moon People said...

you guys are so cute! I just love your family!!

Nicole said...

NICE! It makes everything so much better, huh!