Monday, January 5, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

For the holidays my department offers our personal shopper to the hotel executives to "help" do their Christmas shopping. Of course all the executives waited until the last minute to we were running around like crazy. It was stressful, but so much fun. They basically handed over their black American express cards, and we got to go crazy :) It so much fun spending money when it's not your money. It was all Chanel,Valentino, Marc Jacobs, and Manolo. One executives wife even got 4 kt diamond earrings! Anyway after running all over the two properties, we had to gift wrap everything and deliver them. Again, stressful but overall it was a lot of fun. So on Christmas Day I went over to Dad and Christy's house. Dad told me to be there at 8, so I was there at 8. Too bad Jason didn't show up until 10:30. Ya, I could have slept 2 hours longer. Anyway, we opened presents. Dad is so easy to please. He was so excited about his Mamma Mia sing a long. Christy loved her new lap top. You never know with Jason... for all I know he returned every one of his gifts, but whatev. We vegged out most of the day. But we had made plans to go see Marley & Me which was horribly sad. Then driving home Christy had to revisit and reflect on the death of every family pet we have ever had...... I always say that it is never officially a holiday unless there is fighting and crying. Christy is almost always kind enough to supply both and she didn't let us down this year. So Christmas was pretty much over after the melt down.

Overall, I feel glad that 2008 is over. I feel really proud of myself for accomplishing a lot of things that I wanted to do. I got to cross 6 things off my list of things to do before I die. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

6 comments:

Ghkk said...

We went and saw Marley and me too! And it was SO sad! I just thought it was going to be a comedy, not a tear jerker. I still enjoyed the funny parts a pet owner can relate too.

Nicole said...

Out of curiousity, what 6 things on your list did you achieve?!!!

Nicole said...

What were the 6 things???!!!

Kare Bear said...

what are the six things?!?

The Pfau's said...

Hey I am so glad you have a blog now I can really keep track of you! I saw Marley and me with the kids on Christmas, poor Koben kept asking me "whats worng with the dog?" So sad. Well next time you need a freind to go shopping with to spend someone elses money give me a call!

Brooke said...

The 6 things I accomplished were:

-Own a house
-Be financially secure
-See Wicked
-Get medical insurance
-Figure out health problems- kidney stones
-Be a bridesmaid