Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Blue Man Baking

So last weekend Molly asked me if I would take BJ to see Blue Man Group. He has been wanting to see it for the longest time and it was going to be a surprise for him. So on Friday night I picked him up and I was planning on feeding him and then our show was at 10. Well once I picked him up he told me he wasn't hungry, which made things tricky because we had 2 hours before our show. So we decided to go ride the roller coaster at NYNY. I hadn't been on that roller coaster in forever and BJ said he was up for it. I could tell BJ was little nervous but he really wanted to go. There were two guys from Ireland sitting in the row behind us and they were screaming like little girl the entire time. It was pretty fun. Afterwards we played in the arcade for a while. BJ won a ton of prizes and stuffed animals. He even won 2 stuffed animals at one time out of one of those claw machines. Anyway when we got to our show we gave the guy our tickets to show us where to go. He looked at our tickets and asked if we brought our raincoats with us. I was confused. Then when we got down to our seats we were on the 4th row and they had little plastic ponchos for us to wear. I honestly didn't know it was that kind of show so we both put on our ponchos and hoped for the best. I was surprises how much fun the show was considering there no talking. I thought the "blue men" did a great job and luckily we didn't need our ponchos too many times. Bj is such a fun kid and I had so much fun with him. That's the thing about hanging out with a nine year old...you kind of get to be a kid too. Isn't he the cutest kid ever??

On Saturday I went to Christy's house we did our holiday baking. Last Christmas I went to visit my BF Karen in San Diego and her mom made these AMAZING cinnamon rolls. Her mom gave me the recipe and they are now a new holiday tradition. Thanks Bertha! Cinnamon rolls are a big project and we had a lot of other stuff to cook too, so we got started right away. This kind of job required an apron, and anyone who knows my cooking/baking past knows that this apron was perfect for me :) (I have no makeup on...don't judge me) However my cooking skills have greatly improved over the last couple of years. So I started on the cinnamon rolls and Christy started on the Tea Balls. We had a pretty good time cooking and we really didn't fight (which is unusual) until the end of the day, which is usually the sign that we have spent too much time together. At one point we had to make a run to the store for more supplies. It had turned cold outside and I had worn flip flops, so I asked Christy if she had shoes I could wear and I should have known not to ask because be brought me a pair of crocs. I figured since it was never going to happen again, I should probably document this. So we got all stocked up on our supplies and head back to Christy's and finished up all of our goodies. Dad even pitched in and made some awesome fudge. So I ended up taking a bunch of goodies to work on Monday, and seriously by noon is gone. Damn vultures! I guess it's actually a compliment that it disappeared so fast. But the reason I decided to do all our baking last week was because it was my only free weekend and I wasn't going to be free again until like January. Oh well. Anyway, I was hoping that the baking would help me feel more Christmas-y ...but no. THE END


1 comment:

eclaires said...

Okay, BJ and his glasses are adorable! Yummy baking! I'd love the cinnamon roll recipe. And the crocs? :) I love that you documented it.

I just love you. That's all.