Thursday, December 29, 2011

I like big BOOKS and i cannot lie




Okay so I am officially crafty!!!  I have recently become addicted to Pinterest.  I love it!  It makes me feel like I am really creative, when in reality I am just pinning other peoples ideas.  I was thinking how lame it is that I pin all these ideas and projects and never do any of them.  I decided to change that.  I jumped into the deep end of the pool and went to the store and bought myself a sewing machine.  Not that I know how to sew... but I decided I was going to figure it out. 


I belong to a book club with three of friends so I decided that for Christmas I would make them bags and put some our 2012 book club selections in it.  Let me remind you that I have never sewn ANYTHING. EVER.  So I am pretty proud of myself.  The first hurdle was going to Joann's.  I was so lost.  There was so much material and it was so crowded.  I was totally overwhelmed.  I wandered around trying to find what I thought I needed.  I probably should have started with a more simple project because there have been MANY trips back to Joann's.  The first bag was a little rough and took me forever to finish, but once I had a plan and knew what I was doing, it was so fun.  I'm actually really sad that they are done, because I had a really good time making them.  I want to make some more.  Hopefully I'll find more ways to be crafty :) 


No comments: