Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Empty Fridge = Empty Stomache

My friend from work is always giving me a hard time, because he says I am never home. I disagree. I'm just not home when he wants me to be. He was just giving me a hard time about it yesterday. Anyway Tuesday(today)is garbage day, and I have gotten in the habit of cleaning out the fridge every Tuesday. That way I can put the trash out and it doesn't stink up the house or garage. So this morning before I left for work, I went to clean out the fridge and this is what I found....



Ya, pretty much nothing. Maybe I really am never home. I have been helping my parents paint their new house everyday after work and haven't eaten at home for a while. My BF Karen is coming to town on Friday, so I should probably get something to feed her. (Ses- I promise to shop before you get here)

I have also realized that it is really hard to cook meals when you live alone. I never eat breakfast, I eat lunch at work and I only occasionally cook dinner. I mean if you make something you end up eating left overs for 4 or 5 days, and I am not a left overs kind of girl.


PS- If anyone has some simple small recipes, let me know!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

haha! that's what our frifge looks like and we ARE home! My poor hubby!

Brooke - Thank you so much for coming to my shower. I didn't get to chat with anyone for very long because there was so many people there and, truthfully, I was a bit overwhelmed! Sorry about that! It meant so much to me for to have you make it though! And thank you for her little BEBEPOD! SO CUTE! It will be well used! I love you to death!

The Pfau's said...

I will have to send you some good small salad recipes. Easy and you dont have to actually cook! Thats a big bonus for me. At least your fridge has the essentials 2 kinds of soda!