Wednesday, August 3, 2011

New York, New York!!!

So in April I got to mark a pretty amazing item off my list of "Things to do before I die". I got to go to NEW YORK!! It was so amazing. My friend Karen just got a new job and they were sending her to NY for a conference. Karen invited me to go with her!! I was so stinkin excited! It was a super short trip, but I loved New York. It was the perfect time to go, because all the cherry blossoms were blooming. Since Karen was there on business and actually had work to do, I was on my own most of the time. I got to do and see most of the things I wanted to. It was so much fun and I can't wait to go back someday!  Here are a few of my pictures...

Grand Central Station:



 

Times Square:



Mary Poppins on Broadway:

When I was little, Mary Poppins was one of my favorite movies. I watched it over and over and over. Even today, I enjoy watching it occasionally. I have a small crush on Dick Van Dyke. ;)
The show was really really good. I was thinking that I didn't know if I would like it because I was so attached to the disney version from my childhood. I mean who can compete with Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke? I was pleasantly surprised. The set design was amazing as well the musical numbers. There is a part in the show where they have Mary Poppins float out over the audience with her magic umbrella. It was really wonderful.













Cruise around Manhatten:
The cruise was fun, but the already raining weather got much colder once we were out on the water. We got to see some really cool landmarks. Our tour guide was really cool and gave a lot of details about everything we saw.
We got to see the Statue of Liberty! I have always wanted to see it. We wanted to do the whole tour that goes up into the crown, but they were sold out until July. :( It was still really cool to see the Brooklyn Bridge and Ellis Island.






  
New York Public Library:

This library is AMAZING! It spans two whole blocks and the architecture is beautiful. The amount of marble and detail just blows my mind!







 



Empire State Buidling:













Central Park:

My other favorite movie growing up was Alice in Wonderland.  Central has an Alice in Wonderland sculpture that kids can climb all over.  It's really cute.


  









No comments: