Sunday, May 31, 2009

10 Things To Tell My Younger Self.

I was listening Marc & Mercedes (94.1) and they were talking about things you wish you could have told yourself when you were younger. So I decided to make a list of my own. I'm 28 now, so what would I have told myself 10 years ago when I was 18?

* You're 10 times prettier than you think you are.
* Sometimes your parents really do know what they're talking about.
* The only thing you should ever fake is confidence.
* Wear sunscreen and moisturize every night.
* Don't worry so much about what others think of you, it's more important what you think of yourself.
* Don't be in such a rush to grow up, it's not all it's cracked up to be.
* Don't beat yourself up over past mistakes, you live and learn. Only be upset when you repeat your mistakes.
* Don't waste your time, tears or energy on anyone that doesn't respect you.
* Respect others. You don't have to like them, but you do have to respect them.
* Don't be afraid to do the things that scare you, you can handle a lot more than you think you can.

2 comments:

eclaires said...

I love this. And I love you.

Nicole said...

That would be my list too! The entire thing should be a billboard for young adults!